30% of the world is overweight. In the world, more than 2 billion people are overweight. Being overweight kills more people than being underweight. The primary cause of obesity is poor nutrition.
To stay healthy and avoid diseases, you need a healthy diet. Eating right is not enough. You also need to supplement your diet with products like Wheelhouse Nutrition – Natural Protein Powder. Supplementation is important because most modern day diets are inadequate.
Your Food Should Be Your Medicine
When you eat right, you prevent the following diseases:
• Skin problems
• Metabolic syndrome
• Heart disease
• Obesity-related complications
• Dental cavities
• Renal failure
• Obstructive pulmonary disease
• Among others
Prevention is the best cure. It costs less and involves less stress. You can prevent all these diseases and save yourself from a lot of stress by having a good diet.
Feed Your Skin to Avoid Skin Problems
Do you want to have glowing, radiant, and youthful skin? Do you want to look 20 years younger? Do you want to get rid of acne, pimples and other skin blemishes? If that is the case, you need to feed your skin with the right foods. You should feed your skin from the inside out and from the outside in.
• The skin is the largest organ in your body. Thus, if you have a bad diet and a sedentary lifestyle, the effects will be very evident on your skin.
• Your skin particularly needs vitamins. That is because they give the skin much-needed antioxidants that fight free radicals that are the leading cause of aging and skin blemishes.
• A large observational study involving a number of women found that having a diet that is rich in vitamin C reduced the chances of having wrinkled skin as one age. Vitamin C creates collagen, which is a structural protein that keeps your skin strong, preventing it from wrinkling.
• Broccoli, bell peppers, and tomatoes have vitamins that are good for your skin. Broccoli also has minerals that are good for your skin. Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C.
• Your skin also needs beta-carotene to stay healthy. The best sources of beta-carotene are dark green vegetables, sweet potatoes, spinach, and carrots.
• Seeds and nuts have nutrients that prevent skin problems. Just one ounce of sunflower seeds has more than 30% of the RDI for antioxidants, which are nutrients required for healthy skin.
• Walnuts are excellent for healthy skin. That is because they have essential fatty acids. Thus, they fight inflammation that is the cause of skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
• Supplements will also help your skin. A good protein powder like Wheelhouse Nutrition – Natural Protein Powder will be a good addition to your diet.
Proper Nutrition Will Boost Your Sexual Health & Prevent Stress
According to many studies, your diet can affect your mood. If you constantly have a bad mood, you will get stress. Junk foods will bring your stress. If you want to avoid stress, you need to eat healthy foods.
Junk food is the primary cause of low libido and sexual dysfunction in men. Another contributory factor is lack of exercises. If you want to supercharge your sexual life, you need to change your diet and start having an active lifestyle.
Foods That Cause Lifestyle Diseases
Most people in the world die because of lifestyle diseases. Heart disease is the number one killer in the world. Cancer and diabetes follow it. All these are lifestyle disease. Before 1990, the leading causes of death in the US were tuberculosis, influenza, and diarrhea. After 1990, the cause of most American deaths was lifestyle diseases.
1. Red meat- This is a killer. You should limit your consumption of red meat if you want to avoid lifestyle diseases.
2. Sugary foods- Modern people consume many sugary foods from Coca Cola products to pastries. These are bad for health.
3. Dairy products-Overuse of dairy products will cause illness.
4. Fast foods- This included fish, pizza, pasta, sausages, fried chicken, and nobles. You should eat these in moderation.
5. Desserts and snacks- This includes cookies, biscuits, donuts, pancakes, popcorn, and crisps among others. These are not good for health.
Prevent Lifestyle Diseases with These Foods
Lifestyle diseases are preventable. All you have to do is to eat healthily and have an active lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle is a killer. Sitting down too much is not good.
1. Fatty fish- This includes mackerel, salmon, and herring. These are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that promote heart health.
2. Chicken- Generally, white meat is good for health. However, cooking white meat the right way is essential.
5. Supplements like protein powder
7. Whole meal pasta, bread, rice…
You are what you eat. If you eat unhealthily, you will become sick. A healthy diet is essential. Supplementation is also important. Wheelhouse Nutrition – Natural Protein Powder is highly recommended. In addition, exercise regularly and hydrate your body by drinking at least 7 glasses of water in a day.